RW 11 VFP 8 ActiveX OLE error

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Dave_Connolly_(Guest)

RW 11 VFP 8 ActiveX OLE error

Post by Dave_Connolly_(Guest) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:27 pm

We have a Visual FoxPro 11 application which calls ReportWorks reports originally written in ReportWriter 6, which work fine.____I used ReportWorks 11 Designer to copy one of the original reports and modify it slightly, saving it with a new name. I also modified the FoxPro code to set parameters in the rrw32.ocx OLE Object for the new report.____The original reports run without any problems.____The new report gives an error when setting the ReportName= parameter property.__Exception code C0000005. OLE object may be corrupt.____Running ReportWorks 11.1.007 on XP Pro.____Any suggestions would be appreciated.____Dave Connolly__IT Shared Services__Province of Prince Edward Island__Canada__

kfleming

=> RE: RW 11 VFP 8 ActiveX OLE error

Post by kfleming » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:04 am

Hopefully the 11.1.009 update will help.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Dave_Connolly_(Guest)

==> RE: RW 11 VFP 8 ActiveX OLE error

Post by Dave_Connolly_(Guest) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:35 pm

Updated to version 11.1.09 and still getting same error, though it did seem to work once while using the debugger, although it is now giving the same error in the debugger.____Any other suggestions?__

Daithi_c

===> RE: RW 11 VFP 8 ActiveX OLE error

Post by Daithi_c » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:15 pm

I can sometimes get the ReportName= set to the new report (ppsarpt.rrw) I adapted from an existing report, and which is stored in the same directory (data) as the existing reports (which run without any problem).____When I hit the OK button to execute the report (set .Action = 1) the following error appears:____OLE IDispatch execption code 0 from rrw32: Cannot open file ^datappsarpt.rrw^..____Am I missing some feature of ReportWorks or MS Visual FoxPro to allow the Custom Control to run the newly created report?____Thanks again,____Dave Connolly__

Daithi_c

====> RE: RW 11 VFP 8 ActiveX OLE error

Post by Daithi_c » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:49 am

I posted this question to a MSDN Foxpro newsgroup, and received a reply which indicated that the RRWRUN.EXE viewer from the recent ReportWorks versions works correctly with MS Visual FoxPro.____I tried one report which worked correctly via the viewer and will be converting the application to use RRWRUN.EXE rather than RRW32.OCX__