RapidRun

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Radha_(Guest)

RapidRun

Post by Radha_(Guest) » Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:48 pm

I would like to distribute R&R reports using RapidRun to users who do not have R&R installed in their systems.____Could any one let me know what files are to be included in the distribution, if I am to do so. ____At present I am having:____RapidRun - executable__rrwrun.exe__rrrpt32.dll__RapidRun - Help file__rrw.ini _ where under the defaults I have modified__Progdir32 = to point towards the folder where RRWrun.exe is located____When I try running a report out of a set, it comes up with __"Cannot Execute viewer exe: error code 3"____Your immediate response is much appreciated.

JLAWSON

=> RE: RapidRun

Post by JLAWSON » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:40 am

Hi,____How are you distributing the reports? You could configure the RapidRun sets to export to files in a common folder your users can share like .rtf files that can be opened with Word, and then you wouldn^t have to worry about the .ini or .exe^s____At my job I use RapidRunner to send scheduled text reports to a printer and also to a shared folder as an .rtf file that can later be picked up by the user.

Radha_(Guest)

==> RE: RapidRun

Post by Radha_(Guest) » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:44 pm

Hi,____I considered that. But, it so happens that I have to distribute the reports to different sites and the reports are run from databases maintained in different sites.____Within each site, it has to be re-distributed between the concerned parties. ____My idea was to get a Rapidrun package built and distribute it among the users in each site. All they have to do is to run either individually or as a set when ever they see fit.____I am not is a position to schedule any reports.____I wish, I could distribute the reports the way I want it.____Kathleen, I need your input on this.____

kfleming

=> RE: RapidRun

Post by kfleming » Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:26 pm

An error code 3 indicates a path not found problem.__Can you run the report using RRWRUN.EXE and it is only Rapid Runner that fails?____Kathleen__R&R Support____>is much appreciated. __

Radha_(Guest)

Post by Radha_(Guest) » Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:58 pm

Kathleen,____As long as R&R is installed in any one of the computers where I am trying Rapidrun, it does work.____But, Rapidrun as I understand is a program which could be installed in any computer not running R&R and would be able to produce the reports.____I have even changed the path in rrw.ini in order to see whether it works. No way.____RRwrun does not work from the folder, I have created to have the Rapidrun.____I am sending the entire folder to you in another e-mail.____I would greatly appreciate if you could help me out on this. At this very moment this has become an urgent need for me.____Regards__Radha

Radha_(Guest)

Post by Radha_(Guest) » Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:59 pm

Kathleen,____In order to run RRWRUN.EXE from a folder what are the other files I need to have in that folder?____Thanks and Regards__Radha

Radha_(Guest)

Post by Radha_(Guest) » Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:41 am

Kathleen,____Yes! I have verified that I could run the report with RRWRUN.EXE. The folder which contains the files required to run RRWRUN.EXE is installed in a computer, which is not connected to the network.____The moment I try running Rapidrun, I get this message:____Cannot Execute viewer EXE: error code 3____I would be greatful, if you could let me know a way of getting the Rapidrun working. It as a matter of fact will give so much flexibility to the user, the users are going to love R&R.____Your immediate response is much appreciated.____Thanks in Advance

Radha_(Guest)

===> RE: RapidRun

Post by Radha_(Guest) » Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:50 pm

Will anyone respond and let me know how I could get the Rapid Runner working on a standalone basis (On Workstations which do not have R&R installed)?____I can run R&R on these machines without it being loaded, but getting it connected with Rapid Runner is the issue.____Could you please be kind enought to help me out.__

kfleming

====> RE: RapidRun

Post by kfleming » Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:47 am

Rapid Runner needs the following system files to be present.____VB40032.DLL__olepro32.dll__msvcrt20.dll__msvcrt40.dll__ctl3d32.dll__THREED32.OCX__MFC40.DLL__COMDLG32.OCX____Kathleen__R&R Support

Radha_(Guest)

=====> RE: RapidRun

Post by Radha_(Guest) » Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:04 pm

Kathleen,____Thanks a lot.____I have another question on the Rapid Runner. ____Should the RRW.ini be located in the windows root directory?____As I am trying to distribute the reports, I do not want to end up modifying any windows root files or any .ini files for that matter.____It seems that without the rrw.ini located in windows root directory, the Rapid runner does not seem to located the viewer.exe in order to run the rrwrun.exe____Please correct me if I am wrong.____Ideal situation, I do not want to install any files outside the folder I create (package) and just point the shortcut towards the folder in order to run the reports.____Thank you very much