RapidRunner ParameteRR not saving

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
bobarnett

RapidRunner ParameteRR not saving

Post by bobarnett » Thu Jun 05, 2003 12:17 pm

Although I have set a ParameteRR field to "Prompt at Runtime" and "Replace with Input Value". When I run the report using Rapid Runner, it does not replace with the input value provided at that time. Is this supposed to work this way or is there some other way to allow this runtime input value to be saved?

kfleming

=> RapidRunner ParameteRR not saving

Post by kfleming » Thu Jun 05, 2003 12:22 pm

Replace with input value only works when running reports from within the Report Designer so that a setting persists while the report is opened and when it is saved. This feature does not work from runtime/Rapid Runner I am afraid.______Kathleen__R&R Support

skb_(Guest)

=> RE: RapidRunner ParameteRR

Post by skb_(Guest) » Mon Jul 21, 2003 3:30 pm

See the Rapid runner parameter help (Running a parameter report directly from R&R). If you point a calculated field in the report design to be based on the riparam otherwise use the parameter from report writer it should work. __This is the example they give:__IIF(ERROR(RIPARAM("Customer State")), STATE, RIPARAM("Customer State"))__so your parameterRR field would go where STATE is above..____