Automating Reports

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
George_M_(Guest)

Automating Reports

Post by George_M_(Guest) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:40 pm

I have been successful in scheduling a report in the Vista Task Manager using a Control file and the report gets created in the designated folder. My next attempt was to take an existing report from Cougar Mountain GL00036.rrw and added user parameters to my control file__eg etc__RI_FIELD1=0000__RI_FIELD2=ZZZZ__RI_FIELD3=01__RI_FIELD4=01____I got those by looking at the report in design mode and checking the CALCULATIONS / CALCULATED FIELDS list. I selected fields I thougt would work (comparing the online screen)__eg__RIPARAM("RI_FIELD3")____The report does not produce any output file.__No RRunout.out gets created____Can you give me some tips. Is there a better way to do this?____

kfleming

=> RE: Automating Reports

Post by kfleming » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:38 am

You also need to change the tables used for the report.____The best way that I have found to run Cougar reports outside of Cougar is to first run them in Cougar and then create a report against the CMSRUNIN.DBF. Cougar adds one record to this table each time you run a report.____If you place all of the fields from CMSRUNIN on a summary band in R&R you can see the data for the last report that was run. If you export this band line to a DBF, then you have a control file for just that report.____Regards,__Kathleen__R&R Support

George_M_(Guest)

==> RE: Automating Reports

Post by George_M_(Guest) » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:14 am

Kathleen____I had come up with the same solution__plus I used your suggestion of using PDF995__and I am using the Emailing capability and__everything works great____Thanks again.