Redirected printer on Terminal Server

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Dan

Redirected printer on Terminal Server

Post by Dan » Tue May 15, 2012 9:54 am

I am having a problem with redirected printers using Report Works rswrun.exe, version 12.5.1.0. If I print directly from a terminal server (64 bit, window 7, server 2008) everything prints as expected. If I print from a client machine and preview the report, everything is OK. If I direct the report to print directly to a printer from a client computer, the normal 300k report grows to 5 megs in the print que before it prints. If I print from a client machine and preview screen, the report ques grows to over 90-100 Megs and never prints. Other software on the Terminal server prints without this problem to redirected printers. Can someone at liveware help with this problem?____Dan__803-699-8085__dan@megaflex.com

cstrasser

=> RE: Redirected printer on Terminal Server

Post by cstrasser » Thu May 17, 2012 10:06 am

Hi Dan,__Even with all the detail, I^m still not sure that I understand what^s going on with R&R and TS. Are you saying that when you^re logged into the TS from another (client) computer and send the report to a printer on your TS desktop that the report queue grows like this?____Is the printer attached to the TS or to the client?
Chris Strasser
Liveware Publishing, Inc.
Work bigger.

Dan

==> RE: Redirected printer on Terminal Server

Post by Dan » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:12 am

>Hi Dan, __>Even with all the detail, I^m still not sure that I __>understand what^s going on with R&R and TS. Are you saying __>that when you^re logged into the TS from another (client) __>computer and send the report to a printer on your TS desktop __>that the report queue grows like this? __>__>Is the printer attached to the TS or to the client? ____Example: If a terminal server in running my application and R&R on a computer in Houston, TX and I am in South Carolina (client) connected via Remote Desktop, I want to print to my local printer in South Carolina. I have to print via RDP. When I try to print to a local printer via RDP my file grows as described. If I do the same thing with an XP terminal server, all prints without problem.

cstrasser

===> RE: Redirected printer on Terminal Server

Post by cstrasser » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:32 am

Thanks for the additional information. We haven^t seen this behavior with TS / RDP before. I^ll have to try a test. We don^t have a Terminal Server anymore so it might take some time.
Chris Strasser
Liveware Publishing, Inc.
Work bigger.

Dan

====> RE: Redirected printer on Terminal Server

Post by Dan » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:43 pm

Thanks for giving it a review. This is a problems on several of my clients running Windows 7 64 bit terminal server and 64 bit clients. If you want to have my client run the tests, let me know and I will make the arrangements and put them in direct contact with you.____Thanks,__Dan@megaflex.com

AlbericoSam

=> RE: Redirected printer on Terminal Server

Post by AlbericoSam » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:54 am

Hey dude I am still not understanding the functions of R&R, can you help me in details.