Remove Quotes Tab Delimit CharField

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Lisa_P_(Guest)

Remove Quotes Tab Delimit CharField

Post by Lisa_P_(Guest) » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:14 pm

I am running R&R v 11 build 6 and am having troubles with the text export. My objective is the tab delimited export, but unfortunately, the export is putting quotes around my character based fields, if they have a numeric value. The fields are defined as character within my report.____FYI: I did notice the export for the comma delimited wasn^t working appropriately either. ____Thank you,__Lisa

kfleming

=> Remove Quotes Tab Delimit CharField

Post by kfleming » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:57 am

This behavior is actually by design.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Lisa_(Guest)

==> Remove Quotes Tab Delimit CharField

Post by Lisa_(Guest) » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:29 am

I understand the use of having quotes around the character field, in the event that a tab may be in my character field data. But the export is not consistent, the quotes are not around ALL of my character fields. It only put it around SOME of my character fields.____I have zip codes and phone numbers and some fields with quotes. I have other fields, such as addresses and account names (some of the data has numeric values in them) having no quotes. All of the fields listed above are defined as character. ____Thank you,__Lisa

Rob_(Guest)

===> RE: Remove Quotes CharField

Post by Rob_(Guest) » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:55 am

I am also having an issue with this functionality. Although this may be done by design, is there any way to bypass the quotes? The file that I am sending needs to be as clean as possible and I^d rather not have to run a separate batch process to clean out the quotes if I can force them out in the export process.____Thanks____-Rob__

kfleming

====> RE: Remove Quotes CharField

Post by kfleming » Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:05 pm

You could export as text rather than as delimited so that the output would be as it appears on the layout.____Kathleen__R&R Support