Report Crashes

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Andrew_Bokelman

Report Crashes

Post by Andrew_Bokelman » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:25 pm

R&R SQL Edition Version 10.0, Build 10.0.011 running on Windows 2K Service Pack 4 with half gig RAM and 51 gig free hard disk space.____I have a report connected via ODBC to an Oracle Table with a couple of joins within that table. I^ve queried this source with no problems using other software. But I just tried an R&R report, and when I print, I see the info box on the screen showing how many pages are sent. When it gets to about page 84, R&R shuts down and Windows give me an "error log is being created" message. ____I really don^t know how to find Dr. Watson logs or any other logs, even though I^ve found the Dr. Watson interface in Windows. So if this log is needed, a file name I should look for would be very helpful.____

kfleming

=> RE: Report Crashes

Post by kfleming » Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:47 am

The error log is just the generic windows application error log and may not contain any information that would be useful in determining the source of the problem.____If you limit the number of records/pages will it print without error?____Kathleen__R&R Support

Andrew_Bokelman

==> RE: Report Crashes

Post by Andrew_Bokelman » Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:49 pm

Yes. If I set a filter the results in a small number of records, or I set the print option to only print a few pages, then I get no crash.

kfleming

===> RE: Report Crashes

Post by kfleming » Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:19 am

Have you tried increasing the limit number to see at what point it fails?____Kathleen__R&R Support

Peggy_Kuhn_(Guest)

====> RE: Report Crashes

Post by Peggy_Kuhn_(Guest) » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:42 pm

We are seeing a problem with runtime 8.1 and 10 failing on 400 pages (some of which contain lines and boxes). Fails going to screen or printer with spool error. If we decrease to around 200 pages, no failure occurs. Other reports to same printers, same app, print out over 2000 pages.

RBittner_(Guest)

=====> RE: Report Crashes

Post by RBittner_(Guest) » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:37 am

__This problem seems "similar" to what a user here is experiencing. Note, the conditions are indeed not the same, but the final symptom of a spooling error is.____User has several RRWin 10 reports that runs first thing in morning (around 7 AM) in Win XP Task Scheduler one after the other. Some mornings, everything prints - no problem. Other mornings, one print job will crash to a printer shared off a Win XP (w/128MbRAM) computer. Job will get stuck in print queue, but other reports can print around it with no problems. If the "failed" report is run manually from Task Scheduler, it prints with no problems. Length of report is only 1 to 3 pages max. All other reports seem to be just a page that are scheduled around the same time. ____"Cancelled" print job gets stuck in the queue "Deleting-Spooling" until the computer that is sharing the printer gets restarted.____Any ideas?____Ron (rbittner@nationalparts.com