Report Dictionary - Hiding fields

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Priya_(Guest)

Report Dictionary - Hiding fields

Post by Priya_(Guest) » Mon Apr 22, 2002 2:47 pm

Hi,____I am using the Field_Hide, Filtr_Hide and Inst_Hide fields in the Report Dictionary tables to selectively hide fields. The tables in our application have integer primary and foreign key fields. We^d like to hide the key fields in the Viewer Query screen but show them to the user in the Report Designer.____So in the report dictionary table, for a key field, I have Field_Hide set to .F., Filtr_Hide set to .T. But I can see the key fields in the Insert Selection Rule screen I get when I click the menu option Database/Query and also in the Runtime Viewer Query screen. I have to set Field_Hide to .F. to not show the key fields in the Query screen. But that also makes the key fields not show up in the Report Designer when I click Insert Field menu option.____Is this a bug in R&R? Because the help for Filtr_Hide field states setting that this field is used to control what fields show in the Viewer Query screen and that doesn^t seem to be happening...____Thanks__Priya