Report Path Errors

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Marie_(Guest)

Report Path Errors

Post by Marie_(Guest) » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:52 pm

We use R&R with another software program called Courgar Mountain - After our last upgrade of both software packages we have the following error when ever we try to access a report from report writer. The reason we are access these reports is to modify them for use in our business.____Error Message "Cannot open database table (table may be in use): DMOOEORD.DBF"____I have looked up the error and I should be able to locate the file on my own - it is a path error. But when I go to the folder that I know has the files they are not there.____Has anyone had this problem?

Chris_Strasser_(Guest)

=> RE: Report Path Errors

Post by Chris_Strasser_(Guest) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:12 am

Everyone who tries to modify one of the standard Cougar Mountain Reports runs into this problem.____Cougar Mountain uses a technique to create their basic reports where they are developed against the demonstration company data (DMO) and then when the customer goes to run them, the CMS system substitutes the company code the person has open for the DMO code with the correct path (for example):____c:vbsdmodataDMOARMSD.DBF changes to x:acctgcmsw11mfgdataMFGARMSD.DBF____Cougar Mountain generally names its files according to the following rule (spaces added for clarity):____CCC MM FFF .DBF____Where__CCC = Your company code (i.e. MFG)__MM = Abbreviation of the module where the file is used (i.e. AR = Accounts Receivable)__FFF = The function of the file within the module (i.e. MSD = Master Data)____And the various company files are stored in folders according to their company code within the CMS installation.______If you want to modify any reports, you should proceed carefully.__1) Make a copy of the RRW file before you start anything____2) If you have more than one company code, you should avoid pointing the report to any one company^s data because that could become an override to the report and cause problems; if you only have a single company, and you are sure you won^t be adding an additional one, you can ignore this advice and point the report directly to the same file that corresponds to your company.____3) The best thing would be to create a folder that mimics the path that the report wants to see when you try to open it (i.e. c:vbsdmodata ) and copy the demo data files into it; when finished modifying the report, change the name of the folder to something different, like c:vbsdmodata_x so that the report won^t accidentally find that data when it goes to run____Good Luck!