Report Specifications

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
vparis_(Guest)

Report Specifications

Post by vparis_(Guest) » Mon Apr 02, 2001 10:11 am

Does anyone know if there is a way to print the Report Specification directly from a VB application. Preferably programmatically...any help is appreciated.____Thanks

kfleming

=> RE: Report Specifications

Post by kfleming » Mon Apr 02, 2001 10:19 am

You can only print reports specs from within the Report Designer.__Not a way to do from runtime.____Kathleen__R&R Support

vparis_(Guest)

==> RE: Report Specifications

Post by vparis_(Guest) » Mon Apr 02, 2001 10:46 am

Okay, thanks...If I print the specification to a file, what can I use to view it? When I try the R&R Viewer it gives me an error message (Invalid or duplicate command line switch)

kfleming

===> RE: Report Specifications

Post by kfleming » Tue Apr 03, 2001 9:23 am

If you print to file, the contents of that file are binary stuff for the selected printer.____Before V9, to get a text copy of report specs, you needed to install the generic/text printer and then select that printer to get a text readable file.____In Version 9, every time you save a report, the specifications are written to the file l ptspec.txt. This feature was designed for use by the report librarian (which is why the file gets created in the Report Librarian subdirectory) and also gives you a way to view plain text report specifications.____Just another good reason to upgrade.____Kathleen__R&R Support