Reports just hanging in use

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
LeeBarr

Reports just hanging in use

Post by LeeBarr » Thu May 16, 2002 11:13 am

I have a suite of 10 reports that have worked perfectly for over 6 months and recently 6 of them started hanging up when run via the runtime environment. ____If I run the same reports from the designer they also hang, unless I use the Limit Result option then the reports all work OK (even if I set the Max Row to something huge like 10,000,000). The problem occurs with every version of R&R I have tried from Arpeggio V2 to R&R V9.0.009.____The real kicker is that I recreated two of the report from scratch, same tables, same joins, same calculations, same filter etc, and the new reports worked correctly. ____Any ideas on what the problem may be would be gratefully appreciated.____Lee__

kfleming

=> RE: Reports just hanging in use

Post by kfleming » Fri May 17, 2002 6:24 am

I am just as surprised as you are especially since a new report with same criteria works fine...____Kathleen__R&R Support

pdempsey

=> RE: Reports just hanging in use

Post by pdempsey » Wed May 22, 2002 2:10 am

Have you tried different printer drivers? I^ve also seen reports appear to hang because of aggressive virus checker settings on the server or station. I^d also check to see what new software has been installed recently.____Pat__