Rolling up numbers

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
FRED_EMMERICH_(Guest)

Rolling up numbers

Post by FRED_EMMERICH_(Guest) » Fri Jun 29, 2001 3:35 pm

I have a report with monthly data. The amount of data can vary greatly and what I would like to do would be to generate a single total for all months BEFORE a specified date, and then monthly detail after that date. So on my report I would have a line that said something like "PRIOR TOTALS" or whatever, and then from that point on, show my monthly detail. Does anybody know a way to accomplish this?______Thanks,

Michael_Hoffmann_(Guest)

=> RE: Rolling up numbers

Post by Michael_Hoffmann_(Guest) » Sat Jun 30, 2001 3:59 am

Hi Fred,____I would do it like this:____Create a total field (e.g. TOTAL) on the data you want totalled.____Create a field (e.g. CURRENT) with IIF comparing the record^s date with your threshold, returning either .T. (new records to be printed) or .F. (old records to be suppressed). ____Place the data you want to be shown for the newer records in the record band. Make the output of the record band lines depend on the value of CURRENT. (Right click on the record lines in the band area on the left side, choose "Properties", enter CURRENT as logical field/Print when true.____Now create a group (Level 1) on "CURRENT". Create a band line for this group putting it in the footer of this group. On this line you put the TOTAL field.____Make the output of this line depending on CURRENT, but this time choose "Print when False".____That should do the trick.____HTH____Michael.________________

kfleming

==> RE: Rolling up numbers

Post by kfleming » Sat Jun 30, 2001 1:37 pm

To add on to this one, you do need to sort by the date field for things to work.__And if you need month totals fields as well as the detail, create a calculated field with expression month(datefield) and use it as a group2 field. Create a group2 total, place it on a group2 footer and again use the logical condition of current print when true.____Kathleen__R&R Support