Barcodes

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
alaggio

Barcodes

Post by alaggio » Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:14 am

Does someone know how can I use barcodes with RR?__Best regards,____Marcelo Alaggio__alaggio@delphus-inf.com.br

Barry

=> RE: Barcodes

Post by Barry » Fri Mar 19, 2004 11:59 am

Use a barcode font for the data you wish to print. Works fine. Remember, if 3 of 9, add the ^*^ to the front and back before selecting the font so all is barcoded.

Peter_Zimmer_(Guest)

==> RE: Barcodes

Post by Peter_Zimmer_(Guest) » Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:25 am

I read this question about barcodes on reports. I am also looking to print barcodes on a report. ____My question is, how do I get a barcode font? Do they come with R&R? Do they come with WinXP or Win2k?____The second part of the question is, once I find a barcode font, how do I apply it? Is it like setting a courier or times font?____Thanks

Barry

===> RE: Barcodes

Post by Barry » Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:17 am

I did a search for a 3 of 9 barcode on the web. It came up with a set of free barcodes that could be downloaded. I did so and copied, (installed), them into my font library. I then picked the font for the field I wanted barcoded and it worked fine. I did have to create a special field in my database that was an (* + data + *) so that the * would print with the data as required by the 3 of 9 font.