RunTIme Error

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Alan_Klein

==========> RE: RunTIme Error

Post by Alan_Klein » Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:05 pm

Just in case it matters, she is on a Tablet PC. A previous version of our software, using Arpeggio 2.0, worked fine on that Tablet PC.

kfleming

===========> RE: RunTIme Error

Post by kfleming » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:20 am

Did you try setting PDFDRIVER=0 in the DEFAULTS section of c:windowsRSW.INI?____Kathleen__R&R Support

Alan_Klein

============> RE: RunTIme Error

Post by Alan_Klein » Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:44 pm

Yes, as I mentioned in Response #7 above, she has done the pdfdriver = 0 in rsw.ini.____What other avenues ought we be pursuing?____Thanks!

kfleming

=============> RE: RunTIme Error

Post by kfleming » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:44 am

Try adding the line:____PRINTER=DEFAULT____to the DEFAULTS section of RSW.INI____Kathleen__R&R Support

Alan_Klein

==============> RE: RunTIme Error

Post by Alan_Klein » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:49 am

Hi Kathleen,____The user just sent me this message:__"I_ve verified that the PDFDriver is set to 0 and added the Printer=Default in the defaults section of rsw.ini. These were both found in the Windows directory. The program still errors out when trying to print/print preview.____There are also the following files in the Twt30 folder: rswrun application, version 11.1.7.0 and a rswrun Output file (never heard of that) and it was created today_shortly after I tried to run the report program and it errored out again. I_ve attached a copy of that file (below) as I am not sure if this will be helpful or not." ____[RSW Runtime output]__RO_ECODE=N__RO_EMSG=__RO_REPORTS=1__RO_PAGES=0__RO_RIRECNO=_______Help! What next?__Thanks,__~Alan

FCX_(Guest)

===============> RE: RunTIme Error

Post by FCX_(Guest) » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:24 pm

This output file is generated if you run your report with a config file, and in the same format (.txt -> .txt, .dbf -> .dbf ...)__It gives you the error message, number of reports executed, number of the last report successfull, number of pages printed.

Alan_Klein

===============> RE: RunTime Error

Post by Alan_Klein » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:54 pm

Hi Kathleen,____Any further ideas on what to do in this situation?____Thanks,__~Alan Klein

Alan_Klein

================> RE: RunTime Error

Post by Alan_Klein » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:35 pm

Hi Kathleen,____I created replacement reports, saved to a different printer, as you suggested I do over the phone and sent them to the client. She now reports that when previewing reports (including the revised ones) she still gets the error.____When she prints reports, both revised and not revised, they do print and then the error shows up and bombs her out of our application.____So, there has been some improvement, but not total victory.____She uses an HP LaserJet 1320, as well as another printer. We have switched her default printer back and forth between the two without improvement.____She is going to see if she can scrounge up an old LaserJet 4 and connect it to her parallel port to see if this works better. I^ll keep you informed.____Given this new data, such as the different behavior in printing and previewing, do you have any additional suggestions?____Thanks again for all you do for the R&R community and I had a great time catching up with you on the phone the other day.