Runtime Crash

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Stephen_Logan_(Guest)

Runtime Crash

Post by Stephen_Logan_(Guest) » Wed Jan 09, 2002 2:17 pm

I have a VB6 program that is running various user selected reports.__Sometimes when running multiple reports, the runtime R&R will crash when trying to start the 2nd or 3rd report. The error given is : TAPISRV caused an invalid page fault in module RPCRT4.DLL. I do not use TAPISRV.exe nor RPCRT4.DLL in my program, so I must assume it is a problem with the runtime version of R&R. Also after this error is shown, another error box comes up stating the wrong runtime dll version of R&R is being used. The version I am using is from the 9.0.0.9 update. I do not get this error on a consistent basis, and the second warning only shows up if the first error occurs. Do you have any ideas what the problem may be.____Thank You__

kfleming

=> RE: Runtime Crash

Post by kfleming » Wed Jan 09, 2002 3:03 pm

Neither of those DLL^s are R&R related.__Are all of your R&R files version 9?____Kathleen__R&R Support

Stephen_Logan_(Guest)

==> RE: Runtime Crash

Post by Stephen_Logan_(Guest) » Thu Jan 10, 2002 12:59 pm

TAPISRV is an executable. I did some testing by renaming TAPISRV.exe as TAPISRV.old. When I do this, the runtime version of R&R(RRWRUN.exe) will not run.

pdempsey

===> RE: Runtime Crash

Post by pdempsey » Sun Jan 13, 2002 12:22 am

Steve,____Can you tell me by checking the properties of that file who created it. I don^t have it on my machine and definitely want to stay away from it. If you know what software installed it, I^d be interested in that also.____Thanks,__Pat__

Stephen_Logan_(Guest)

====> RE: Runtime Crash

Post by Stephen_Logan_(Guest) » Mon Jan 14, 2002 9:29 am

TAPISRV is a Microsoft program that is used for dial-up networking. It is installed in the WINDOWSSYSTEM directory when the OS is installed. For some reason the R&R runtime program needs it to run, but I do not know why.

pdempsey

=====> RE: Runtime Crash

Post by pdempsey » Tue Jan 15, 2002 1:57 am

I have it as a DLL on my machine (win2k sr1)dated 5/4/2001. I don^t have it as an exe. Don^t know if that helps any, but evidently Microsoft has done some revamping of that file.____Pat__

PedarHah

=> RE: Runtime Crash

Post by PedarHah » Wed Feb 20, 2002 11:22 am

I had the same problem as you when running several reports one after the other____Then I installed DCOM98 and the problem was solved