Runtime Printing

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Gerard_(Guest)

Runtime Printing

Post by Gerard_(Guest) » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:56 pm

I am having problems now on nearly every site I go to with R&R run time version 10+____When I set up the report, and run it using full R&R, it prints fine.____But When I go into the run time and print,reports are consistently gving errors and comint up with the ^send this to Microsoft^ dialogue and bombs out.____Why wont these reports print in Run time that print ok in full version.____

kfleming

=> RE: Runtime Printing

Post by kfleming » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:05 pm

Are you saying that if you execute RRW.EXE and open the report, it will print successfully. But on that same machine, if you execute RRWRUN.EXE and select the same report, if you try to print, you see the error?____Or are you saying that if the install files are the full version it works but if the install files are runtime only, it does not?____What printer is being used?____Kathleen__R&R Support

Gerard_(Guest)

==> RE: Runtime Printing

Post by Gerard_(Guest) » Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:05 am

If you execute RRW.EXE and open the report, it will print successfully. But on that same machine, if you execute RRWRUN.EXE and select the same report, if you try to print, you see the error____Yes.. this is what is happening____What printer is being used?__This is happening on a no. of different sites, with different printers, most of which would probably be some type of HP printer, but not neccessarily exclusively.____It is happening so often now that it must be a problem with the Run time version and printing.____Is there a problem here and any solution ?__

kfleming

===> RE: Runtime Printing

Post by kfleming » Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:26 pm

The only known problem would be if the printer name were relatively long (more than 39 characters). So you could experiment with a shorter printer name and see if that helps.____You could also try running the report via runtime using a text control file with the field RI_WPTR=DEFAULT.____To make it simply create a file called CONTROL.TXT with the values:__RI_REPPICK=R__RI_WPTR=DEFAULT__RI_STATUS=T__RI_DISPERR=T____then use the command line:__RRWRUN.EXE /TCONTROL.TXT____you will be prompted to select the report which will then be printed to the default printer.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Gerard_(Guest)

====> RE: Runtime Printing

Post by Gerard_(Guest) » Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:12 am

I dont think this problem is only related to the size of the print name.__On the same site, I have 5 reports set up. All these 5 print ok if Full R&R is used. However, 2 of them give the error , using the same printer, in Runtime.____Also, I use a DBF file as the control file, rather than a text file.____Is there also a problem with using a DBF file as a contoel file ?____Are there other issues, to do with the report, which can cause a problem ?__

kfleming

=====> RE: Runtime Printing

Post by kfleming » Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:44 am

Did you try the text file experiment?____There should not be a problem using a DBF control file.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Rick_Johnson_(Guest)

==> RE: Runtime Printing

Post by Rick_Johnson_(Guest) » Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:39 pm

There has to be a missing dll or file. I run 10+ with over 200 reports that print from runtime. I use a .dbf file. I run some from the same computer as they are created and I have some at remote sites. All run as they should.