Runtime Printing (again)

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Eddie_Marshall

Runtime Printing (again)

Post by Eddie_Marshall » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:28 am

I have come across another curious issue with printing using R&R Runtime. Our clinet has an office that accesses our VFP7 app remotely via Microsoft Terminal Services. The user can print all reports without any problems of they preview the report first and then click ^Print^ from the Print Preview toolbar. When they choose the option to print directly, they get the option to choose their printer. But when they do this and click OK on the print dialog their machine hangs up and they have to crash out the app. Their IT engineer says that too much memory is being used but the machine has more than enough RAM.____There is an office that is local to the server (including Terminal Server) and they can all print fine.____Does anyone have any ideas as to what may be happening.____Thanks.____Eddie Marshall__Technical Support Manager__LandMaster__eddie@landmaster.co.uk

DanF_(Guest)

=> RE: Runtime Printing (again)

Post by DanF_(Guest) » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:03 pm

I have seen this on some computers running my applications. I deleted the code in control table for asking user to select output device. That seemed to get rid of the problem. It will always print to the default printer. I was using version 10 at the time. Haven^t tried on version 11.____DanF

Eddie_Marshall

==> RE: Runtime Printing (again)

Post by Eddie_Marshall » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:17 am

Has anyone got any other ideas as to what may be happening here. I don^t really want to have to remove the selection of the output device. I thought that perhaps there may be problems with rights to execute RRWRUN.EXEor update RRWRUNIN or other files but I am assured this is all fine.____Any help you can give would be much appreciated.____Thanks.____Eddie

Eddie_Marshall

==> RE: Runtime Printing (again)

Post by Eddie_Marshall » Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:13 am

The suggestion made has not worked. I am desperate to find a solution as I have a client who is waiting on this. It must be the way RRWRUN.EXE is behaving in a Terminal Services enviroment. I would be so grateful for any help you can give.____Thanks.____Eddie