Runtime export to Excel PivotTable

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Geronr28

Runtime export to Excel PivotTable

Post by Geronr28 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:01 pm

I CAN painlessly export one of my reports to an Excel Pivot Table simply using the Export Ole menu choice in RSW.exe, setting up the Pivot parameters then choosing export. When complete I saved the R&R report with pivot parameters.____BUT I^m having difficulty exporting this same report to an Excel Pivot table at runtime.____When I attempt to call the report with a text control file, the report loads successfully, allows me to insert prompted parameters (e.g. a date range), but the report is never exported to an Excel Pivot Table. I can change the RI_PRINTER parameter to D or ? and the report successfully runs from the control file. When I change the RI_PRINTER parameter back to = Excel PivotTable I get nothing.____Here are the contents of my text control file:__RI_REPORT = AP_4CF_Pivot.RSW__RI_PRINTER = Excel PivotTable__RI_EXPDST=F__RI_OUTFILE=AP4CF.xls____For the record I am running Windows8 64bit, using MS Office 2010 and am running R&R against an SQL data master file. Again, the report runs fine and creates a Pivot Table directly from RSW and the same report runs fine at runtime using a text control file as long as I don^t attempt to export to a Pivot Table.____