Runtime flashing on screen

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Adam_Cooper_(Guest)

Runtime flashing on screen

Post by Adam_Cooper_(Guest) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:50 am

Does anybody know of a way to prevent the R&R runtime from flashing on the screen whilst running off reports? According to my user, this doesn^t happen when reports are run through Rapid Runner. It just runs minimized in the taskbar!____To explain, I have a Delphi application that runs off reports through a control table. I call R&R runtime using the Windows API command CreateProcess with the StartupInfo properties set to dwFlags := STARTF_USESHOWWINDOW and wShowWindow := SW_HIDE. In theory this is supposed to hide the called application, R&R runtime, and thus prevent the application from flashing and showing in the taskbar. I have also tried SW_MINIMIZE and SW_MINNOACTIVE, but neither work.____Does this mean that R&R runtime does not understand the HIDE or MINIMIZE parameters passed to it when launching the application? Maybe you could ask the programmers Kathy?____This is causing the end users grief as they are getting constant flashing on their screens as the reports are produced and it also interferes with other applications that they are typing into as they lose focus when R&R interrupts.____Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.____Regards,__Adam Cooper

kfleming

=> RE: Runtime flashing on screen

Post by kfleming » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:30 am

I think that this one is on the Delphi side rather than the R&R side.__Are you calling the runtime executable directly or are you using the R&R OCX or DLL to run the report?____Kathleen__R&R Support

Adam_Cooper_(Guest)

==> RE: Runtime flashing on screen

Post by Adam_Cooper_(Guest) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 am

>I think that this one is on the Delphi side rather than the __>R&R side. __>Are you calling the runtime executable directly or are you __>using the R&R OCX or DLL to run the report? __>__>Kathleen __>R&R Support ____Kathleen,____I^m calling the runtime executable directly through the Windows API command ^CreateProcess^. Are you suggesting that it might work better running it through the dll or ocx then?____Regards,__Adam

Adam_Cooper_(Guest)

===> RE: Runtime flashing on screen

Post by Adam_Cooper_(Guest) » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:34 am

Listening...

kfleming

====> RE: Runtime flashing on screen

Post by kfleming » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:32 pm

Does Create Process support any parameters that might influence how the process is launched?____Kathleen__R&R Support

Adam_Cooper_(Guest)

=====> RE: Runtime flashing on screen

Post by Adam_Cooper_(Guest) » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:49 am

>Does Create Process support any parameters that might __>influence how the process is launched? __>__>Kathleen __>R&R Support ____CreateProcess is a Windows API call that is used to call an external program from within a developer^s application. CreateProcess has many parameters which determine how the call is made. One of them specifies how the external app (R&R in this case) should be called. The show window parameter specifies whether R&R should be called as a minimized, hidden, normal, or maximized window. When I specify to hide it, it has no effect. On Experts Exchange, a member said that some applications don^t understand the parameter which Windows passes to the called application (R&R). All I need to know is if R&R can interpret this call and hide the R&R application window when running reports off?____Technical I know, but if your coders know it would be helpful.____Thanks in advance.____Adam

Adam_Cooper_(Guest)

======> RE: Runtime flashing on screen

Post by Adam_Cooper_(Guest) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:00 pm

Any ideas yet? :-)