SQL View and Report Layout

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Chris_(Guest)

SQL View and Report Layout

Post by Chris_(Guest) » Tue Apr 29, 2003 10:17 am

I am attempting to design a report that has 3? data levels. It is an insurance report with the following data:__Level 1 Policy info__Level 2 Policy credits (field credit #) each policy may have many__Level 3.1 Real estate data (field location #) each pol may have many__Level 3.2 Vehicle data (field vehicle #) each policy may have many__Level 3.3 RV/Watercraft data (field rv#) "__Level 3.4 Driver data (field (driver#) "____I am fairly new to RR and SQL so I am not sure if I should be using one master table with all data or if I should use a master table with joins in RR. I am also having trouble with the grouping order because 3.2 could have more or less entries than 3.4. Thanks. ____

Chris_(Guest)

=> RE: SQL View and Report Layout

Post by Chris_(Guest) » Tue Apr 29, 2003 10:46 am

Ok, mainly I need to know what bands to use. I have:____1 GH policy - Policy information - appears to be ok__2 GH policycredits# - policy cerdits - ok____this is where I am having trouble. If I use 3GH location#, I get the location# under (within) each credit#. What I want it to do is put all credit data together then all real estate data together (below credits).__