Saved tag name is missing

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Childers_(Guest)

Saved tag name is missing

Post by Childers_(Guest) » Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:46 am

My report works fine in the Designer, but when using the Runtime with a text file, R&R returns an error about the tag name.____I tried putting the tag name in the control file, and also just leaving it blank with the commas - so that the tag name should be taken from the saved report - but the same thing happens.____Saved tag name is missing ^ENTRY^ of ^ENTRY.CDX^

kfleming

=> RE: Saved tag name is missing

Post by kfleming » Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:46 am

The problem is within the ENTRY.CDX index file that is being read by runtime. It is being used by the report but runtime cannot find the saved tag.__Are you overriding this index in the runtime control file?____Kathleen__R&R Support

Childers_(Guest)

==> RE: Saved tag name is missing

Post by Childers_(Guest) » Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:48 pm

>>Are you overriding this index in the runtime control file?<<____I^ve tried both leaving the default, and changing, e.g.:______RI_MINDEX=C:RPTDATACD_ENTRY.CDX,,____RI_MINDEX=C:RPTDATACD_ENTRY.CDX,ENTRY,ENTRY____RI_MINDEX=C:RPTDATACD_ENTRY.CDX,C,ENTRY______

Childers_(Guest)

===> RE: Saved tag name is missing

Post by Childers_(Guest) » Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:58 pm

Kathleen,____Never mind, got it, silly mistake related to copying of the tables and indexes.________