Scheduler with R&R v8

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
ADP_Jimi

Scheduler with R&R v8

Post by ADP_Jimi » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:23 pm

I am working with a client who is using R&R, v8.0, and trying to run Scheduler. They are opening it from the RRSched Icon in the RRWrkstationSched directory and getting the following error:__Error occured in: Schedule.Frm>Form_Load.__Error Number: 429__ActiveX component can^t create object.____Is there another way they should be accessing this? If not, how do I correct the ActiveX error?____Thanx!:-)

kfleming

=> RE: Scheduler with R&R v8

Post by kfleming » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:18 pm

Why not just use the Windows Task Scheduler in place of the scheduler (which was written quite a few years ago and is no longer included/supported in the latest ReportWorks 11 release)?____Kathleen__R&R Support

ADP_Jimi

==> RE: Scheduler with R&R v8

Post by ADP_Jimi » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:46 pm

When I try to schedule the report, it told me it could not open the license file. Is there some sort of trick to scheduling the report? I simply added the report name to a schedule item.__Thanx,__Jimi

kfleming

===> RE: Scheduler with R&R v8

Post by kfleming » Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:34 am

The scheduler must be trying to launch RRW.EXE rather than RRWRUN.EXE as the associated application. You should create a text control file for the report and then schedule RRWRUN.EXE using the parameter /T<name of control file>____Kathleen__R&R Support

ADP_Jimi

====> RE: Scheduler with R&R v8

Post by ADP_Jimi » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:57 pm

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Dec-20-05 AT 02:04 PM (EST) by ()]I am sorry, but I am a novice with Scheduler. How would I configure the text control file? I do not know how to get the report to run. I tried the path to the RRWRUN.EXE with the /t pointing to the control file. The command in the text control file is "Open {file path}{report name}" Is that correct? I am getting that I have bad input or invalid text control file.__Thanx,__Jimi