Scheduling and Emailing reports

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Eddie_Marshall

Scheduling and Emailing reports

Post by Eddie_Marshall » Thu Jan 16, 2003 1:14 pm

We have a client who wants to schedule reports to run at a pre-determined time and email the output to a pre-determined list of recipients. The ideal way to do this would be to schedule a report to run using Rapid Runner and then use R&R^s ^Mail via MAPI^ facility to do it all for you. As far as I can see this can^t happen because you have to select this feature every time you run the report and in any case this is isn^t available in Runtime.____Is there anyway that anyone can think of to achieve this. I will accept a mixture of R&R and other software if that is appropriate.____Thanks in advance.____Eddie Marshall__Technical Support Manager__LandMaster____eddie@landmaster.co.uk __

kfleming

=> RE: Scheduling and Emailing reports

Post by kfleming » Thu Jan 16, 2003 3:18 pm

Currently MAPI output is not available with Rapid Runner or R&R runtime. ____Kathleen__R&R Support

rickwjohnson

=> RE: Scheduling and Emailing reports

Post by rickwjohnson » Thu Jan 16, 2003 5:25 pm

Is there any pospect of this functionality being incorporated into Rapid Runner and/or R&R?

Eddie_Marshall

==> RE: Scheduling and Emailing reports

Post by Eddie_Marshall » Fri Jan 17, 2003 7:00 am

Eddie, ____I do something like this, except I generate the reports to a folder and use Visual dBase to create the email into outlook on a non-scheduled basis, ie on the fly. Doing it this way, I am able to send specific reports to specific users, not everyone gets everything.____So, for you to schedule this, you (and I am being very brief here) might run the reports with RapidRun, saving them to a specific folder. Then use the Windows Scheduler (if available in your version) to run a second program from whatever source (Visual Basic, Dbase, etc)to create the emails and send them to your mail server. __Hope this helps. ____Rick Johnson____Rick Johnson

Eddie_Marshall

==> RE: Scheduling and Emailing reports

Post by Eddie_Marshall » Fri Jan 17, 2003 7:01 am

Thanks for your help Rick. This sounds interesting.____Eddie