SetmasterTableName - BIG problem

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
pauldb

SetmasterTableName - BIG problem

Post by pauldb » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:52 am

Kathleen,____i^ve mailed you this problem long ago (must have been with R&R v9 I think) bit it is still present in V11 and it is causing me a major problem right now.__When using the XBase DLL, there is a bug in the SetMasterTableName() call that makes the report bomb out when you QUOTE the pathname.__For example if you pass this quoted string to it__^c:Program FilesMyAppTest.dbf^____Then you get an errorwindow saying __Cannot open table Test.dbf^____Mind the trailing quote: it shouldn^t be there at all!____However, quoting is absolutely necessary when the pathname contains spaces, otherwise all R&R DLL calls using pathnames, fail. This is obvious, by the way. __Luckily most other calls like SetDatadir(), SetImageDir() etc. work as they should. But in the order of importance, SetMasterTableNAme overrules SetDatadir !____This problem has become suddenly extremely important because:__- I have a customer who insists the application is being installed in a folder that contains spaces (untill now I voided this____- The application uses a temporary master table that is created on the fly in the user^s temp folder (which is diffrent from the one that I used in the designer)____Can you please have your programmer look into this (old) problem and e-mail me a version of RRRPT32.DLL that works as it should work. ____I really need a fix soon. __Please use this address:__polleke@hnt.be____thank you________