Software Applications used with R&R

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
tburnley

Software Applications used with R&R

Post by tburnley » Wed Jan 31, 2001 1:54 pm

What Software Applications are you using with R&R Report Writer?

Profix

=> RE: Software Applications used with R&R

Post by Profix » Mon Apr 02, 2001 2:06 pm

We do use R&R to create reports for our clients who are wholesalers in the fruit-business. ____Our clients are Dutch companies. Some clients have branch-offices is other european countries, like Belgium, Germany, France and England.____I do the reportgeneration, and I love R&R.____From within our software we can fully control the RRuntime.exe through rrunin.dbf.____To our users is looks like if our program is printing the reports, but in fact we rely on the stable and friendly reportgenerator R&R. ____We do still use version 5.5 and have already tested version 8.1 positively____We would like to use version 9 to output to email directly from our ERP software.____Our clients are big companies with an estimated yearly turnover of about 650.000.000 EURO !!!____Kind Regards,____Profix IT-Solutions BV__Richard Hoek__hoek@computerhome.com

Diegokisa

Post by Diegokisa » Sat Apr 07, 2001 2:23 pm

i am using clipper and visual objects with r&r____rgds

Thomas_Freitas_(Guest)

Post by Thomas_Freitas_(Guest) » Fri May 11, 2001 11:02 am

I currently have 4 products that I sale to the railroad industry. ____I am using Visual dBase, which has Cystal Reports in it. I find Cystal much harder to use the R&R. I have been using R&R since the DOS days and have loved using it within my systems.____Thanks for a great product.____To bad that there was not a hard copy of the manual to go with it. They PDF file is great to have, but over 400 pages is a lot of pages. It is also very hard to move around it with out any inplanted indexing.

PTan

Post by PTan » Fri May 11, 2001 1:49 pm

We^re have a legacy app. Clipper 5.2e & VO 2.5b3. We^re still new to VO but we^ve been using R&R for several years, previous versions of course. Now we^re using R&R ver. 9.0. We still have to investigate the possibilities of integrating R&R & VO - when we have more time on our hands.

gbartsch

==> RE: Software Applications used with R&R

Post by gbartsch » Fri May 11, 2001 9:13 pm

I^m using dB2k, from dBase Inc., with R&R v 9.0 specially through the the OCX method__It works fine for me, its easier to use than the other two methods within the dB2k applications.__I found some minor limitation like the impossibility to relate tables through the autoincrement fields within R&R and that R&R is not able to connect to a database through the Borland^s BDE, but there are workarounds. __The more worse thing is that dBase7.x tables cannot be used with FlexLink indexing________