Sort order

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Wolfgang

Sort order

Post by Wolfgang » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:20 pm

Hello,__I want to sort a database by the amounts of records in each group.__How can I do that?__Is it possible to take a total field as a sort field?__Thanks__Wolfgang

kfleming

=> RE: Sort order

Post by kfleming » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:36 pm

You can create a group total and make it pre-processed. It will then be available as a sort field.__So if you are sorting and grouping by customer and want to see the customers in descending order by total sales, you would create a total that sums order value and resets by customer and make it pre-processed.__You would then change the sort order from customer to the customer total descending. The group field will stay as customer.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Wolfgang

==> RE: Sort order

Post by Wolfgang » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:34 pm

Hello,__that works only when I for example sum a numeric field like:__new: Sum(MECHMIN1, MUSTER, Automatic, Preprocessed, Condition)____but not when I want to count the records__new: Count(Recno_rr, MUSTER, Automatic, Preprocessed, Condition)__I can not see the field in the table "Select Sort Field".__Wolfgang

Wolfgang

==> RE: Sort order

Post by Wolfgang » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:34 pm

Count a field from the table rather than recno() and it should then appear in the list.__Recno() is a special function in R&R.______Kathleen__R&R Support

kfleming

===> RE: Sort order

Post by kfleming » Sun May 02, 2010 8:52 pm

>You can create a group total and make it pre-processed. It __>will then be available as a sort field. __>So if you are sorting and grouping by customer and want to __>see the customers in descending order by total sales, you __>would create a total that sums order value and resets by __>customer and make it pre-processed. __>You would then change the sort order from customer to the __>customer total descending. The group field will stay as __>customer. __>__>Kathleen __>R&R Support __