Speed of latest version

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Joe_Floyd_(Guest)

Speed of latest version

Post by Joe_Floyd_(Guest) » Wed May 04, 2005 10:23 am

I upgraded to R&R Report Works and redistributed the rrwrun.exe to my clients to run the new reports. ____They are all reporting a fairly large slowdown when running reports. It is taking a long time for the previews to come up, even when nothing has changed on the reports. (For example, I have a report that is the same as it has always been, but the old rrwrun.exe ran it much quicker than the new one does.)____Any ideas about shortening the time from issuing the command line until the preview shows?____Thanks.

kfleming

=> RE: Speed of latest version

Post by kfleming » Wed May 04, 2005 2:07 pm

Add the line:____PDFDRIVER=0____to the DEFAULTS section of RRW.INI and see if that speeds things up.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Joe_Floyd_(Guest)

==> RE: Speed of latest version

Post by Joe_Floyd_(Guest) » Wed May 04, 2005 5:17 pm

Worked great!____Thanks.

Taavi_Remmelg_(Guest)

==> RE: Speed of latest version

Post by Taavi_Remmelg_(Guest) » Fri May 06, 2005 5:46 am

Hi,__ is there a chance that future versions will not be slow with PDF drivers? Or would it be better to include this line in default client installation package and make R&R PDF printer permanent install for PDF export?________>Add the line: __>PDFDRIVER=0 __>to the DEFAULTS section of RRW.INI and see if that speeds __>things up. __>__>Kathleen __>R&R Support __