Storing values with in a report

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Shaughn_(Guest)

Storing values with in a report

Post by Shaughn_(Guest) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:12 am

I have a question, can you store a value in a report. Here is my problem,____I have a fuel use/balance report that shows the fuel purchased/used and then the meter reading when the user takes a reading. I need to subtract the first reading in the report with others to get the number of gallons dispensed.____If I could store the first reading, then when it sees the second somewhere in the report subtract from that value then I could have that total. I have drawn a blank. I just cannot figure it out.____Any suggestions?

kfleming

=> RE: Storing values with in a report

Post by kfleming » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:13 am

Do you need the first reading for each meter in the report? If so, is the report sorted by meter?____Kathleen__R&R Support

Shaughn_(Guest)

==> RE: Storing values with in a report

Post by Shaughn_(Guest) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:25 pm

The report is sorted by date, and not all records will contain a meter reading, they read the meter about once a week, and enter fuel use and purchase every day. ____What I did do was use the low amount and the high amount and subtracted those two numbers at the end of the report, this did give me the total between the lowest meter and the highest meter. So my problem was somewhat solved. But is there a way to store a selected value to be used later in a report?____Thanks for all of your help.____Sg__

kfleming

===> RE: Storing values with in a report

Post by kfleming » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:35 am

You would have to export from the first report and then use the exported data in a subsequent report.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Chris_(Guest)

====> RE: Storing values with in a report

Post by Chris_(Guest) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:52 am

What about storing the value initially as a ParameteRR and building that into the calculation? You^d have to do some recordkeeping between reports or when the report was done to put the more current value into the parameteRR.

Shaughn_(Guest)

=====> RE: Storing values with in a report

Post by Shaughn_(Guest) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:00 pm

Thanks, I will look in to the rrparameter.____Shaughn__