Sub Reports

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
maseve_(Guest)

Sub Reports

Post by maseve_(Guest) » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:59 am

Does R&R have a concept of a sub report similar to the feature in Microsoft SSRS?__I would like to create a report grouped by employee and then for each employee show his/her historical assignments as one sub report and then current professional licenses as a second sub report?__Example:____Employee One__Address__City, State____Work History __1/1/1998 - 3/31/2010 - Previous Employer One__4/1/2010 - 6/30/2012 - Previous Employer Two____Issued Licenses __3/1/1998 - License One__4/15/2010 - License Two__6/1/2012 - License Three__

cstrasser

=> RE: Sub Reports

Post by cstrasser » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:05 am

R&R doesn^t have sub-reports as defined by other products. Depending on your R&R edition (SQL or Xbase), you can get similar results, however.____In Xbase, you need to create a "multiscan" report which is multiple 1:M (scan) links from your master table to various related tables (i.e. employee to licenses and employee to work history).____There are a variety of ways you can identify and control the display of the part of the report being displayed (i.e. the Scanning() function, link scangroups, conditional lines, etc.)____If you are using SQL, you have other options. One is to create a series of SQL extracts that generate DBF exports and link them with a final report as above (group them all in a batch using RapidRunner). Another is to create a User-SQL report that creates the appropriate structure using UNIONs. A third option is to create a view in your SQL server database and base the report on that.
Chris Strasser
Liveware Publishing, Inc.
Work bigger.