Suppress printing from preview

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
FHELM_(Guest)

Suppress printing from preview

Post by FHELM_(Guest) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:36 am

We are use R&R for printing general approval documents.__Because the user can print within the preview dialog, he can print invalid/illegal documents.____For this case we have implemented a extra text(red colored): "PREVIEW - PINTOUT ARE INVALID". But the user find out a simply trick to prevent this this text, they remove the read ink tank from the printer.____Now we have to find out an other way.____The best way will be to hide the print button in the preview window. __Is there a chance to do it?____Is anybody there to have an other idea?____greetings

Tom_Freitas_(Guest)

=> RE: Suppress printing from preview

Post by Tom_Freitas_(Guest) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:30 pm

Oops, I sent you the wrong response! Do you use a program to call the printing up? If not, then you are stuck with whatever it gives you.____Tom Freitas

friedhelm

==> RE: Suppress printing from preview

Post by friedhelm » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:05 am

Hi Tom,____I use a program written in Xbase++ (Alaska Software). In this prgram we use the dll interface from R&R (Version 12). When the user want a preview of a document (generated with R&R), I set the printdevice to "D" and call the dll function "Execute". The user getting a preview window for the report. ____Now I have to suppress the print button within the preview window, becaus in the application it is not allowed the print out from a preview window.____My question was: can I do suppress the print button in the preview window and if yes, how I can do this.____regards __Friedhelm