Syntax question

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
R._Anderson_(Guest)

Syntax question

Post by R._Anderson_(Guest) » Sat Jul 14, 2001 10:33 pm

I would like to use a full path to run rrwrun, which sits on the workstation, running .rrw report files that sit on a server drive. I use the syntax:____RRWRUN C:myapp rwrun d:windows emp rcontrol.dbf 1 /Rn:myappsrvr____I get back the following error: ____"Invalid or duplicate command line argument"____Could anyone give me an idea of what I^m doing wrong?____If I remove the /Rn:myappsrvr I get an unable to find xxxx.rrw report file.____Thanks,__Rick__

Mihcael_Hoffmann_(Guest)

=> RE: Syntax question

Post by Mihcael_Hoffmann_(Guest) » Sun Jul 15, 2001 1:10 am

Hi Rick!____If your code is identical to your quote you should remove either the "RRWRUN" or the "C:myapp rwrun" at the beginning of your command line. ____HTH____Michael.__

R._Anderson_(Guest)

==> RE: Syntax question

Post by R._Anderson_(Guest) » Sun Jul 15, 2001 1:40 pm

Sorry about that. The code was not identical to what I wrote. I did not have two rrwruns. ____However, I did find a solution to my problem. I changed the LibDir= in the RRW.INI file to indicate the server drive/directory, and removed the /R parameter. Now rrwrun.exe runs from a specific path on the workstation and reads the .rrw files in a specific path on the server as I wanted. ____Thanks for your input.__Rick

Jim_Taylor_(Guest)

=> RE: Syntax question

Post by Jim_Taylor_(Guest) » Tue Jul 17, 2001 6:46 am

I^ve had these problems with RRWRUN under WIN2K but not under WIN95/98. It seems to be related to long multi-word path names. When I shortened my subdirectory names to match DOS conventions it worked fine. I^m sure there is an explanation for this syntax difference but I got tired of messing with it!__

Chris_Strasser_(Guest)

==> RE: Syntax question

Post by Chris_Strasser_(Guest) » Tue Jul 17, 2001 9:27 am

Does putting the entire command (or the individual clauses) within quotes work properly?