System Date Format on a Form

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Dan_Flynn_(Guest)

System Date Format on a Form

Post by Dan_Flynn_(Guest) » Sat May 04, 2002 8:05 pm

Since the early days of R&R for the Windows version, I have not been able to use the system Date format programmed on a computer. Is there a way to set the format of the date to match and change whenever you change the system date format via the system control panel. This is a real problems to match the needs my USA customers and all other countries.I am using version 9 sql. Is it possible via variables, perhaps?____Example:____USA format: month-day-year 5/3/2002, May 3, 2002____All other countries day-month-year 3/5/2002 3 May 2002____This seem like a simple problem, but with ISO requirements for precise format for all systems, why hasn^t this been corrected in R&R? I don^t want to supply two set of reports to satisfy this requirement.____Can anyone help.____Thanks__Dan

kfleming

=> RE: System Date Format on a Form

Post by kfleming » Sun May 05, 2002 1:36 pm

Reports get imprinted with the date format that is in effect at the time the report is created.__There is not currently a way to inherit the format from the windows system setting on the machine where a report is being run.____You can however change the settings in a report by opening the report, opening the control panel and make a change that will enable the Apply button. When you return to the report, the applied control panel setting will now be in effect in that report so that you can save it with a new setting.____The ability to inherit settings from the current control panel at runtime is on the enhancement list for a future release.____Kathleen__R&R Support

pdempsey

==> RE: System Date Format on a Form

Post by pdempsey » Tue May 07, 2002 2:38 am

Sign me up for that enhancement/update!!____-Pat-