Tab Delimited Export

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Jeff_Lassell_(Guest)

Tab Delimited Export

Post by Jeff_Lassell_(Guest) » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:25 pm

I am using v11 of R&R.____I need to be able to print TEXT data fields that contain NUMBERS (ie, SSN or DATES like 20070606) to a TAB-delimited file without "" marks around it.____It appears that number fields, character fields that contain characters, and date fields with "/" marks can be written w/o the ""; but text data that contains only numbers is written with "". ____Is there a way to write my "text numbers" w/o the ""^s?____Thanks,

kfleming

=> RE: Tab Delimited Export

Post by kfleming » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:50 pm

If the text field contains only numbers, you could create a calculated field using the VAL() function to convert it to a number.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Jeff_Lassell_(Guest)

==> RE: Tab Delimited Export

Post by Jeff_Lassell_(Guest) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:23 am

Thank you. That was a consideration, however that leaves me without any leading zero^s which, in the case of a ssn, is actually part of the #. Our data also contains many other ^codes^ that have leading zero^s which we routinely exchange with outside agencies. It seems that the "^s aren^t necessary in a TAB-delimited format and aren^t standard practice.