Text export no longer working

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
FRED_EMMERICH_(Guest)

Text export no longer working

Post by FRED_EMMERICH_(Guest) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:48 pm

I had a text export that exported 5 lines of a group footer. This was created in v12, worked fine. Now in 12.5 when I do the export, I get 1 line instead, and it is a combination of the first and third of the 5 lines I want exported.____I can preview and print and my output is perfect.____The good news is the worksheet export now creates a .xls which Excel can read, previously I had to use .dbf.

FRED_EMMERICH_(Guest)

=> RE: Text export no longer working

Post by FRED_EMMERICH_(Guest) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:44 am

In my original .rsw from v12 that worked, I was exporting a group footer which was 5 lines. The first and third lines contained database fields plus text and the other lines were just text.____After playing with it in 12.5 I discovered that it will now only export lines with a database field on them. And then it combined those into 1 line. So in my case, lines 1 and 3 showed up in the export with ONLY the database fields on them, none of the other text on those lines showed up.____As I mentioned before, the preview works fine, the export is broken. This is a serious bug.____thanks__Fred

Chris_Strasser_(Guest)

==> RE: Text export no longer working

Post by Chris_Strasser_(Guest) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:47 pm

Are you using the Text Data export or just the Text export?

FRED_EMMERICH_(Guest)

===> RE: Text export no longer working

Post by FRED_EMMERICH_(Guest) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:24 am

Text Data. I am exporting only a group footer. I tried "text" and it appears to work. My report was created under v12 and I always used "Text data" and it worked fine.

kfleming

====> RE: Text export no longer working

Post by kfleming » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:25 pm

Was it text that you had typed onto the layout or a calc field that was character data type? I just tested a calc field and it exported to csv without a problem.__Text that you type onto the layout will only export if you are using text export not text data.____Kathleen__R&R Support

FRED_EMMERICH_(Guest)

=====> RE: Text export no longer working

Post by FRED_EMMERICH_(Guest) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:34 am

I had text as well as database fields in a . The database fields were on different lines (5 total) and only 1 line came out, and it had the database fields from all the other lines jammed on it. I was doing a text data (single band) export. Worked fine in v12.

kfleming

======> RE: Text export no longer working

Post by kfleming » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:37 pm

Can you email the report to me so I can have a look?____Kathleen__R&R Support__livesupport@livewarepub.com

FRED_EMMERICH_(Guest)

=======> RE: Text export no longer working

Post by FRED_EMMERICH_(Guest) » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:18 pm

What is your e-mail? Do you need the database as well? I can create small one that can be mailed____thanks__Fred EMmerich