The query handle is not valid

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Carol_P_(Guest)

The query handle is not valid

Post by Carol_P_(Guest) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:30 am

Hello,____Sometimes when running a report from the OCX our users see the following error when connecting to SQL Server (but never when connecting to Access). The error seems to affect single PCs on a network and to disappear after a while (usually weeks)____"DB Access: The connection, statement, or query handle you provided is not valid"____It seems to happen more frequently for reports with complex SQL statements.____I was advised to add this to RSW.INI file __[DATABASE] __USEQECONNECT=1____But that does not help____Thanks__Carol

kfleming

=> RE: The query handle is not valid

Post by kfleming » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:05 pm

I too have seen this from time to time. Somewhere the ODBC connection must be experiencing some kind of hiccup in a pointer that causes it to become confused. Unfortunately I do not know of any setting in R&R or in the ODBC data source configuration to change that would impact this problem.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Carol_P_(Guest)

==> RE: The query handle is not valid

Post by Carol_P_(Guest) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:06 am

Hello,____I am getting complaints from clients re this message which seems to be becoming more frequent. Is there nothing that can be done about it? Will it be addressed in a future release? ____Regards__Carol

Anne_Phillips

===> RE: The query handle is not valid

Post by Anne_Phillips » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:40 am

We have another client with this problem on a new Vista machine with some but not all of our reports. ____(NB We have other clients on Vista who don^t have this problem using the same set of reports)____Are you looking into these problems and when will you have an answer as it^s getting very urgent now.

Carol_P_(Guest)

====> RE: The query handle is not valid

Post by Carol_P_(Guest) » Thu May 22, 2008 2:48 pm

Hello,____Is there any news on a possible fix for this error?____Thanks__Carol

kfleming

=====> RE: The query handle is not valid

Post by kfleming » Thu May 22, 2008 2:58 pm

We are working on an update release that should be available some time in June.______Kathleen__R&R Support

Carol_P_(Guest)

======> RE: The query handle is not valid

Post by Carol_P_(Guest) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:56 am

Hello,____any news on the release date for the new version?____Regards__Carol

kfleming

=======> RE: The query handle is not valid

Post by kfleming » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:00 am

It is still in the works. No announced release date as of now.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Lynn_Coggshall_(Guest)

========> RE: The query handle is not valid

Post by Lynn_Coggshall_(Guest) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:22 am

Hi Kathleen,__Any news on this issue. I^m having this problem at a new install, but none of my machines are working. I^ll try some of the suggestions I^ve read here, but would like to know if the patch is out yet.____Thanks,__Lynn

kfleming

=========> RE: The query handle is not valid

Post by kfleming » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:28 am

Lynn-____Send me an email and I can give you a preview copy of the most recent builds.____Kathleen__R&R Support__livesupport@livewarepub.com