Time fields from dbase4 database

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Margaret_(Guest)

Time fields from dbase4 database

Post by Margaret_(Guest) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:07 pm

R&R is taking a field (fieldname= TIME) and not listing it in the list of fields to be inserted. The format is specified as a time format in Lotus Approach which is the application used to set up the dbf file. R&R is listing a field called TIMETM9 which I assume is based on the TIME field as TIMETM9 is not in the source database. In the R&R field listing there is an asterisk in front of TIMETM9. When I insert TIMETM9 into an R&R report, it shows up as a text field, but what is generated is something that could be a time if you consider the first 4 digits (an additional 4 digits - all showing as zeros - also appear). However, the time shown (if I consider the first 4 digits to represent the time - using a 24 hour clock which is the case in Approach= bears no relation to any data I can identify.__1. Why is R&R adding "TM9" to the field name?__2. What does the asterisk on the field list mean? (Help suggests there^s a problem with the field such as it^s not long enough, but I haven^t specified a length for the field and R&R normally bring in a field length that accommodates what is in the dbf file). __3. Why is R&R showing the field as a text field?__