To Collate or not to Collate

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Robert_Seidman

To Collate or not to Collate

Post by Robert_Seidman » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:42 pm

I am sure that you have answered this problem in the past, but I can not find it.____I am using the latest version of R&R.____I am printing a bill of lading. I need 3 copies. I have created a variable called copy which equals copy().____If the printed copy is the first copy it reads "office."__If the printed copy is the second copy it reads "carrier" __If the printed copy is the third copy it reads "warehouse"____I am printing these onto preassembled sets of paper.____The first copy is white__The second copy is canary__The third copy is pink.__They come in this order from the paper manufacturer.____I go to the print dialogue screen ____I set number of copies to "3" ____The problem is that regardless of whether or not the "collate" checkbox is checked it prints as follows...____Page 1__Page 1__Page 1____Page 2__Page 2__Page 2____Page 3__Page 3__Page 3____It should print__Page 1__Page 2__Page 3____Page 1__Page 2__Page 3____Page 1__Page 2__Page 3____Does R&R read the "collate" checkbox. Are there any work arounds for this problem____I thank you in advance for your attention to this matter.__RHS

kfleming

=> RE: To Collate or not to Collate

Post by kfleming » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:18 pm

Having the copy function used in the report should make the collate checkbox operate correctly. Usually I create a calc field with the expression COPY() and make it the lowest level group field in the report.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Robert_Seidman

==> RE: To Collate or not to Collate

Post by Robert_Seidman » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:48 pm

>Having the copy function used in the report should make the __>collate checkbox operate correctly. Usually I create a calc __>field with the expression COPY() and make it the lowest __>level group field in the report. __>__>Kathleen __>R&R Support ____I have tried this without any success. Any other ideas?__RHS