Totals with Linked Tables

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
William_(Guest)

Totals with Linked Tables

Post by William_(Guest) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:49 am

I have a report that has a master and then a table related through a field called permit, located in each table. The report has virtually 100 or so totals, averages and counts. all totals work properly until the end. the totals are summarized by county, 67 in all. when it gets to county 52 it stops totaling the child table, although up till that point all was fine. I have tried everything in tables (reindex, pack, etc) any suggestions would be appreciated.

kfleming

=> RE: Totals with Linked Tables

Post by kfleming » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:57 pm

One diagnostic technique is to add a record band to the report and place the field you are totaling along with the total field itself. You can then preview the report and watch the total as it accumulates.____Kathleen__R&R Support

William_(Guest)

==> RE: Totals with Linked Tables

Post by William_(Guest) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:13 pm

>One diagnostic technique is to add a record band to the __>report and place the field you are totaling along with the __>total field itself. You can then preview the report and __>watch the total as it accumulates. __>__>Kathleen __>R&R Support ____I have tried that, I just ran this with just 3 fields Permit & Name (from the Master table) and Permit from the Child table and placed all 3 on a record line, all I get on the line is the first 2 fields nothing from the related field. If i look at it using the EXE program that runs it there are related records that it finds. I tried just changing the relation to terminate if the Scan piece doesnt work, it terminates on the first record saying Scan Failure gives me the permit number which I then take and look in the related table and there are multiple child records. I have used R&R for years and this is the first one that really, really has me stumped.__any suggestions, I am running out of options.__thanks,__bill__

kfleming

===> RE: Totals with Linked Tables

Post by kfleming » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:34 am

It is the relation that is not working. For whatever reason the linking field is not matching the index key of the related table.____What is the linking field and what is the related table index expression? If you create a new test report can you link the tables correctly?____Kathleen__R&R Support