Truncated Memo Fields

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
westover

Truncated Memo Fields

Post by westover » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:48 pm

I have a report that pulls several fields, including one Memo field, and exports them to a CSV file. However, the Memo field (used for a product description) seems to be truncated after about 11,770 characters or so. Is there a limit to the length of data that can be pulled out of the Memo fields? If so is there any way around this limitation? ____My client says there is more data in that field (it^s an HTML description of a product) but is getting cut off. I^ve checked the data in the CSV file and it does look like it^s being truncated in the middle of some of the HTML.____Thanks for your help.

kfleming

=> RE: Truncated Memo Fields

Post by kfleming » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:21 pm

There is a limit to what we will return from a memo field. This restriction has always been in the product.____Kathleen__R&R Support

westover

==> RE: Truncated Memo Fields

Post by westover » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:53 am

>There is a limit to what we will return from a memo field. __>This restriction has always been in the product. __>__>Kathleen __>R&R Support ____Is there any documentation of this limit anywhere? What is the limit? My client is asking. This may cost them a lot of money to work around.__

kfleming

===> RE: Truncated Memo Fields

Post by kfleming » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:43 am

The limit is closer to 1.2 million characters. Maybe something in the memo field itself is causing R&R to think that has reached the end of the field?__I can send a sample table with a big memo that you can test if you want.____Kathleen__R&R Support