User functions in Windows 7 x64

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Peter_Zimmer_(Guest)

User functions in Windows 7 x64

Post by Peter_Zimmer_(Guest) » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:55 am

We are using R&R 12.5.001 on Windows 7 64-bit. ____We have recently moved from XP to Win7 x64 and can not get any of our reports that use User Functions in the rsw.udf file to work. ____The reports can not find the functions in the .udf file. ____The reports continue to work properly in XP. ____I tried to write a User Function on the Win7 pc, but I can^t figure out where R&R puts the .udf file in Win7. ____This report has to work or we have to use some other report generator. ____Thanks.____Peter D. Zimmer__Asst. Computer Systems Coordinator__Buffalo Sewer Authority__(716) 851-4664 x 5310__crasaur@sa.ci.buffalo.ny.us__

Cliff_Wiernik

=> RE: User functions in Windows 7 x64

Post by Cliff_Wiernik » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:12 pm

We have no problems using the xbase version and rr.udf on win7-64. We make certain that the rrwlink.ini file points to the proper location where you have the rr.udf located.____Your file would likely be rswlink.ini file and should point to the installation location. Since this is a 32 bit program running on a 64 bit machine, the location would likely be:____in the rswlink.ini file:____[RSWLINK]__RSWLINK=C:Program Files (x86)Liveware PublishingReportWorks Infinity\____The above should be the default installation location.__

Cliff_Wiernik

==> RE: User functions in Windows 7 x64

Post by Cliff_Wiernik » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:15 pm

This is from an earlier post when searching for rrwlink.ini.____"Unable to load R&R in Win7 environment"__ __ _We recently upgraded to a Win7 machine and are unable to load R&R Reports. The folders containing the reports were moved to the new machine and they function fine, effectively printing to the default printer. The default printer is directly attached to the PC - not networked.____We discovered that a report needed some changes and when we attempt to load R&R Reports on the Win7 machine, we receive a User Function Access Error which is, most likely, a Permissions issue. We^ve scoured the Win7 permissions, granting full access to R&R on the local machine but to no avail.____Any suggestions on how to gain full access to R&R in a Win7 environment?______1. "RE: Unable to load R&R in Win7 environment"__In response to message #0__ __ _Note where the version of R&R that is running is actually installed on this system. Typically, we install R&R to:____C:Program Files (x86)Liveware PublishingReportWorks Infinity____To find out, start R&R, then start the task manager. Go to the "processes" tab, find the process for R&R (typically rrw.exe or rsw.exe).____Right click on the process and select "open file location"____In this folder is a file called RRWLINK.INI or RSWLINK.INI. Edit it with Notepad. In it, you^ll see a path specified. Make sure that it matches with the actual. If the error still occurs, rename the files.____Hope this helps

Peter_Zimmer_(Guest)

===> RE: User functions in Windows 7 x64

Post by Peter_Zimmer_(Guest) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:57 pm

I realized that the first PC I was working with had some sort of R&R installation issue. I have yet to get that one to work. ____I was going to end up trying to do the cut and paste to get the functions into the new PCs, but I ended up getting it to work. ____I installed the full version, copied the udf into the directory, opened a report to verify that it could see the user functions, uninstalled the full version, and then installed the viewer only. The reports all work know. ____When I have another Win 7 PC to do more testing with, I will figure out the shorter and easier way to get this to work. ____Thanks.