User-SQL report and ParameteRR field

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
DAVE_I

User-SQL report and ParameteRR field

Post by DAVE_I » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:49 pm

I have a User-SQL report that I created which works fine with this SQL statement:__SELECT VTLG.LASTNAME, VTLG.FIRSTNAME, VTLG.SEX, VTLG.AGE, VTLG.DATEON, VTLG.DATEOFF__FROM VTLG__WHERE (_((VTLG.DATEON)<=#12/31/2012#) AND ((VTLG.DATEOFF)>=#12/01/2012#)OR___((VTLG.DATEON)<=#12/31/2012#) AND ((VTLG.DATEOFF) is null))__ORDER BY VTLG.FLOOR,VTLG.EPISODE_ID;____I created 2 DateTime ParameteRR fields called PeriodStart and PeriodEnd. I^ve tried all kinds of ways to use these in the SQL, but none work. Here^s the one that gives me the least error:__SELECT VTLG.LASTNAME, VTLG.FIRSTNAME, VTLG.SEX, VTLG.AGE, VTLG.DATEON, VTLG.DATEOFF__FROM VTLG__WHERE (((VTLG.DATEON)<=#?{PeriodEnd}#) AND ((VTLG.DATEOFF)>=#?{PeriodStart}#)OR___((VTLG.DATEON)<=#?{PeriodEnd}#) AND ((VTLG.DATEOFF) is null))__ORDER BY VTLG.FLOOR,VTLG.EPISODE_ID;____The error is DB access At least one parameter has not been supplied a value. Does anyone know the correct syntax for passing a ParameteRR datetime field to this SQL statement?__The database is a MS Access database.:(

cstrasser

=> RE: User-SQL report and ParameteRR field

Post by cstrasser » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:52 pm

Hi Dave,__Does it have to be a user-sql report? I haven^t encountered anyone trying to take advantage of ParameteRRs in these before. I^ll check into it.
Chris Strasser
Liveware Publishing, Inc.
Work bigger.