Using ASP to run reports

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Gary_Higbee_(Guest)

Using ASP to run reports

Post by Gary_Higbee_(Guest) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:07 am

We purchased Version 12 of RR Infinity. I am trying to build a web interface to dynamically run the reports using the information provided in the "R&R Reportworks SQL Developing Applications" guide. I can get the viewer control to appear on the page, and have verified that there is anonymous access to the RSW test report that I am using. However, when I try to run the report I get an error from the Report Viewer Control that states:____"Error reading report file - all pages could not be read"____Any ideas?____Also, are there updated versions of the control for use with ASP.net or updated documentation for its use?____Thanks,__Gary

kfleming

=> RE: Using ASP to run reports

Post by kfleming » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:51 am

What version of IE are you using? Our active X control is only supported on IE versions below 7.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Gary_Higbee_(Guest)

==> RE: Using ASP to run reports

Post by Gary_Higbee_(Guest) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:22 pm

This is version 8. If I export a pdi file and the appropriate html file to call it, I can run it by double-clicking on the html file on the desktop of the webserver. If I try to run it by using a URL from a remote server I now get an "Invalid report file type" error.____Are you planning on releasing a version that will work with IE8?______Thanks,__Gary

kfleming

===> RE: Using ASP to run reports

Post by kfleming » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:28 pm

At some point in the future we will support IE8 but I do not have a timeframe for when that will be available.____Kathleen__R&R Support