Using RRW.OCX and UDFs

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Mark_Fonseca_(Guest)

Using RRW.OCX and UDFs

Post by Mark_Fonseca_(Guest) » Mon May 17, 2004 3:09 am

Hello__I have a VB application that uses the R & R SQL V8.1 OCX. I created a report design in R & R designer which uses a UDF. When I use the Designer, the UDF is stored in the Executable folder and the report works great. However when the same report is called from my program it comes up with an error saying the relevant field (which uses the UDF) must be edited. I know this error is resulting from the fact that the UDF path is NOT found by the OCX. ____Can the RRW OCX use a UDF? If so where should it be stored - bearing in mind I am calling the report from my application and NO R&R Exe or Viewer is involved.____Thanks for any help__Mark__mfonseca@3000ad.com.au__

kfleming

=> RE: Using RRW.OCX and UDFs

Post by kfleming » Mon May 17, 2004 7:15 am

The UDF file needs to be in the same directory as RRWRUN.EXE.______Kathleen__R&R Support

Mark_Fonseca_(Guest)

==> RE: Using RRW.OCX and UDFs

Post by Mark_Fonseca_(Guest) » Mon May 17, 2004 6:11 pm

Hello Kathleen__With the OCX, I do not use the RWRun.EXE so this would not exist in the Client PC. I did try this on one Client who had the licensed Report Designer and the RWRun.EXE and it did not work. Please advise. I got a strange feeling the UDFs do not work with the OCX.__Regards__Mark__

kfleming

===> RE: Using RRW.OCX and UDFs

Post by kfleming » Mon May 17, 2004 9:04 pm

The OCX is just the interface to RRWRUN.EXE. You still need RRWRUN.EXE on the client machine when you are using the OCX since it is the engine that runs the reports. The OCX simply talks to this engine.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Mark_Fonseca_(Guest)

====> RE: Using RRW.OCX and UDFs

Post by Mark_Fonseca_(Guest) » Tue May 18, 2004 3:27 am

Kathleen__Quite obviously I haven^t quite got a complete list of run time files shipped to the client. I searched the ^Developing Application^ PDF and it didn^t show a complete list to ship when using the OCX.____1. Could I trouble you for that list - ONLY those that are required with the OCX. ____2. Will I install the RRWRun.Exe in my application folder? ____3. Do I also need to update the RSW.INI at Install time with the my application path and if so what changes - is it ^ProgDir32^ that changes?____4. What would be the reason that the UDF could not be found on a PC that had the RRWRun.EXE in the R & R program directory and the RSW.INI ^ProgDir32^ pointing to this folder? My app folder i a completely different path.____Thanks for your help__Cheers__Mark__

Mark_Fonseca_(Guest)

====> RE: Using RRW.OCX and UDFs

Post by Mark_Fonseca_(Guest) » Tue May 18, 2004 5:45 am

more info...__Please note I am using R & R SQL v8.1 not Xbase____Thanks__

kfleming

=====> RE: Using RRW.OCX and UDFs

Post by kfleming » Tue May 18, 2004 2:25 pm

Then you need RSWRUN.EXE and RSW.UDF. Below is the list of file requirements.__=====================================__RSW Runtime Viewer File Requirements__Filename__Description/Location__RSWRUN.EXE__The Viewer executable program__Required._Program directory__RRPD.DLL__Print/Preview DLL. __Required_Program directory__RSLIB.DLL__QE Lib component file__Required_Windows system directory__RSGUI08.DLL__QE Lib component file__Required_Windows system directory__RSSQL08.DLL__QE Lib component file__Required_Windows system directory__RSUTIL08.DLL__QE Lib component file Required_Windows system directory__MFC42.DLL (version 6.00.8447.0 or greater)__MFC shared library Windows system directory__SNBD6W9S.DLL__Image import file__Required only if report contains imagesWindows system directory__GSW32.EXE__GSWAG32.DLL__GSWDLL32.DLL__Graphics library__Required only if report has embedded chartWindows system directory__RRTXTX.DLL,RRDBFX.DLL__RRWKSX.DLL RRTFX.DLL RRHTML.DLL__RRVIEWX.DLL__Required only if your Viewer reports have Export destinations of Text, Xbase, Worksheet, RTF, HTML, or ActiveX Viewer control, respectively.__Program directory__RRCSVX.DLL__Required only if your Viewer reports have Export destinations of Text Data/Word Merge_Program directory__RRCHART.EXE__RRXCHART.DLL__Required only if your Viewer reports have Export destinations of Excel Chart_Program directory__RRAUTO.EXE__RRXTAB.DLL__Required only if your Viewer reports have Export destinations of Excel Pivot table_Program directory__MSVBVM60.DLL__Required only if your Viewer reports have Export destinations of Excel Chart or Pivot table_Windows System directory__RRPRVIEW.CAB__Required only if your Viewer reports have Export destinations of ActiveX_Copy to location referenced in HTML page__RSW.UDF __User function libraryRequired for reports using any user defined functions_Program directory__RSW.INI __Configuration fileRequired when using Viewer OCX or DLL .Also required for Excel to appear in list of export choices_Program directory or Windows directory__RSWSQL.INI__Optional SQL configuration file_Program directory__RSW.SRT__Optional configuration file controlling case sensitivityProgram directory__RSRPT32.DLL__Required if calling report DLL or OCX_Windows System directory__RSW32.OCX__The report OCX__Must be registered as well as installed_Windows System directory__COMDLG32.DLL__Required if calling report OCX_Windows System directory__MSVCRT20.DLL__Required if calling report OCX_Windows System directory__MFCANS32.DLL__Required if calling report OCX_Windows System directory__OC30.DLL__Required if calling report OCX_Windows System directory__THREED32.OCX__Required if calling report OCX_Windows System directory____In addition to the above files you also need to distribute your .RSW report files, the required data files, and any runtime control file or table.____Additionally the viewer client machine requires an installed ODBC data source.__________Kathleen__R&R Support

Mark_Fonseca_(Guest)

=====> RE: Using RRW.OCX and UDFs

Post by Mark_Fonseca_(Guest) » Tue May 18, 2004 6:18 pm

Thanks very much Kathleen__Would you be kind enough to answer point 4 in my post. My app is on the client network in folder ^T:ARPEGRW^ and the R & R SQL full version is installed on the target PC in the location C:PROGRAM FILESRRV81 with all the relevant files( Runtime and UDF file) installed in this folder. Is this folder regarded as the ^Program Directory^ is my app folder(T:ARPEGRW) the ^Program Directory^?. I put the UDF in my folder as well as the R & R program folder and RSW.INI exists in the Windows folder and the ProgDir32 points to the R & R program folder and this is to no avail as the Viewer does not recognise the fields with the UDF and wants them edited. I can^t understand where next to look.__Cheers__Mark__

kfleming

======> RE: Using RRW.OCX and UDFs

Post by kfleming » Thu May 20, 2004 7:33 am

The UDF needs to be in the same directory as the runtime executable.__So RR.UDF is with RRWRUN.EXE and RSW.UDF is with RSWRUN.EXE______Kathleen__R&R Support__