VB Application

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Alan_Klein

VB Application

Post by Alan_Klein » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:56 pm

_ Hi Kathleen,____Long time no post, but we are in our fourth phase of development for the application we have produced using R&R under Visual Basic with the custom control. This is actually only a slight modification and I thought there would be no problem, but here is what I am finding:____1. The app runs fine on my development machine, which was used to develop all previous versions, when I run it from within Visual Basic.____2. After installation on any client machine, when I try to run any report it just goes back to our program^s main screen, without running the report.____3. When I manually execute Rswrun on the client machine I am able to run any report. I assume that this means that all of the proper files have been distributed to the client machine. (Is this correct?)____So, my question is what should I be looking for that would allow the Rswrun program to work, but not our application, on a client machine (but which does allow it to run on my development machine)?____Thanks and I hope you had a great holiday season!__~Alan

kfleming

=> RE: VB Application

Post by kfleming » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:55 pm

Could be lots of things.__I would try by first telling the app simply to open RSWRUN.EXE all by itself. Then add on from there. Next step would be to pass a text control file.__Hopefully something will stand out along the way.____Kathleen__R&R Support