Variable File name

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
radhak

Variable File name

Post by radhak » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:29 am

Kathleen,____I need to do the following:____Run an R&R report and create an intermediary file which should be having the user-id of the person who is running it as part of the file name (or should start with the user-id as the name of the file).____This file then will be used by another R&R to run a report. As long as I fix the name of the file it works. But how do I get the name to be a variable and then access the file with the second R&R Report.____I need to find a way to have run this report in multiple computers at the same time (simultaneously).

kfleming

=> RE: Variable File name

Post by kfleming » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:33 am

You would need to use runtime and create a small application that would get the user name, and then set the RI_OUTFILE of the first report to export to that filename. For the second report, you would set the RI_MASTER to the same filename as in the first RI_OUTFILE.______Kathleen__R&R Support

radhak

==> RE: Variable File name

Post by radhak » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:42 am

Thanks.____Is there a sample which I could get hold of so that I will know the exact sequence. I am bit confused on the parameters____