Viewer DLL - choosereport function

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Karen_Doyle_(Guest)

Viewer DLL - choosereport function

Post by Karen_Doyle_(Guest) » Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:07 am

I am trying for the first time to get my vb.net application to display an R&R report, which takes one parameter.__I have included the function declarations in rsdecl32.bas at the top of my class and I^m getting a clean compile. However I get a System.NullReferenceException when I run this code:____ Dim intRptHandle As Long__ Try__ intRptHandle = chooseReport("Archive", "", 0, "C:\SasArchive\Reports\RR\Fund Information\Basic Fund Information.RSW", 100, "", "", "CLIENTDDF", 10)__ Catch ex As Exception__ MsgBox(ex.ToString)____ End Try____Once I get this working I then want to set the parameter Fund1 to F001, and run the report, which I think will need this code.____ setUserParam(intRptHandle, "Fund1", "F001")__ execRuntime(intRptHandle, True, 1, 1, 1, strTmp, 100)__ endReport(intRptHandle)____How can I get past the null reference exception? And am I on the right track for the rest?____Thanks,__Karen