Visual FoxPro Message

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
syntel

Visual FoxPro Message

Post by syntel » Wed May 17, 2017 11:08 am

Hi:____On closing my RRW9 editing session and saving my xxx.rrw file, I received the following message on my Asus Win Pro 7 laptop:____"Cannot locate the Microsoft Visual FoxPo support library"____... even though I have the VFPxxx dlls in all the proper places.____Can someone help me please ?____-Mel Smith

syntel

=> RE: Visual FoxPro Message

Post by syntel » Thu May 18, 2017 10:20 am

Hi :____ Is anybody home ???____-Mel Smith__

cstrasser

=> RE: Visual FoxPro Message

Post by cstrasser » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:58 am

Sorry for the delay. Thanks for supporting R&R.____If you haven^t installed R&R on your system using the actual Windows MSI, then it^s possible that the libraries aren^t present.____The files R&R is looking for (for the Librarian in this case), are:____VFP9R.DLL__VFP9RENU.DLL__VFP9T.DLL____We install them into the __WINDOWSSYSTEM32 __folder on 32-bit systems and __WINDOWSSYSWOW64__folder on 64-bit systems____If you don^t need the Librarian, you can turn this feature off by editing the RRW.INI file and setting "LIBRARIAN=OFF" in the [Defaults] section of the file. There are several, more detailed explanations of this process in other posts on the forum, here.
Chris Strasser
Liveware Publishing, Inc.
Work bigger.

Mel_Smith_(Guest)

==> RE: Visual FoxPro Message

Post by Mel_Smith_(Guest) » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:23 am

Hi Chris:__ THanks for the response and answer. I *believe* I have already placed the VFP... files in their proper location, but I^ll check again.____Thx again !____-Mel Smith____

syntel

Post by syntel » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:35 pm

Hi Chris:____ I have all the suggestes files in their proper places (and in other places too).____ I also have NO rrw.ini file in either RRW9 or RRW10 directories.____ So, I cannot set the LIBRARIAN=OFF ____ But, I guess I can carry on with this minor irritation.____Thank you for trying to help____-Mel Smith__

syntel

Post by syntel » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:18 pm

Hi Chris:____ Somehow I haven^t been able to post. However, I have ensured that all the needed VFPxxxx.DLL files are located in all appropriate directories, and I still get the VFP Missing message when exiting and edit session.____ It is not a serious problem just irritating.____ btw, There is NO rrw.ini file in RRW9 or RRW10 on my machines, so I can^t SET LIBRARIAN=OFF____ But thanks for responding and for the suggestions.____-Mel Smith______

Tom_(Guest)

===> RE: Visual FoxPro Message

Post by Tom_(Guest) » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:52 am

Mel,____Open a text editor and type in LIBRARIAN=OFF____Now save it as rrw.ini in the folder where you want it.

Tom_(Guest)

===> RE: Visual FoxPro Message

Post by Tom_(Guest) » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:54 am

Mel,____Open a text editor and type in LIBRARIAN=OFF____Now save it as rrw.ini in the folder where you want it.

syntel

====> RE: Visual FoxPro Message

Post by syntel » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:52 pm

Hi Tom:____ Thanks for the suggestion.____ I^ll give it a try !____-Mel

syntel

=====> RE: Visual FoxPro Message

Post by syntel » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:03 pm

Hi Tom:____ No, it didn^t work. Still get that annoying message on exiting an Edit session.____ Maybe I need a section heading in the rrw.ini file??? If so, what would it be please ?____Thx.____-Mel__