Visual Foxpro Support Library ?

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Mel_Smith_(Guest)

Visual Foxpro Support Library ?

Post by Mel_Smith_(Guest) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:57 pm

Kathleen (and others):____ I recently acquired a new XP Pro (sp2) machine, and copied all my RRW stuff from my old win98se machine to my new box.____ However, when editing and saving a report I get the error:____ ^Cannot Locate Microsoft Visual Foxpro Support Library^____ But I *do not use* Visual Foxpro !____ Anyway, I sniffed around on my old win98se machine, and found some VFP files in the windowssystem sub-dir. I copied them to my new Win XP Pro machine and put them in the ...system and ...system32 folders.____ But now when I edit and save I don^t get the error noted in the subject but I *do* get the error warning from Microsoft that it wants to send a report to Microsoft. I press ^Don^t Send^ and it exits properly (I think).____What do I do to stop this persistent error warning on my new XP Pro DeskTop please ???____TIA,____-Mel Smith__

Mel_Smith_(Guest)

=> RE: Visual Foxpro Support Library ?

Post by Mel_Smith_(Guest) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:04 pm

Kathleen:____ btw, I^m running RRW VErsion Version 9.0.9.0 on my systems____-Mel Smith__

kfleming

==> RE: Visual Foxpro Support Library ?

Post by kfleming » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:14 am

If you add the line:____LIBRARIAN=OFF____to the DEFAULTS section of c:windows rw.ini you will not get the error.____Or you can re-install and it will place the VFP files in your system folder.____The Report Librarian that catalogs reports as you save them is written in Visual Foxpro.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Mel_Smith_(Guest)

===> RE: Visual Foxpro Support Library ?

Post by Mel_Smith_(Guest) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:00 am

Kathlenn:____ Thank you for the guidance !____-Mel Smith__

Mel_Smith_(Guest)

====> RE: Visual Foxpro Support Library ?

Post by Mel_Smith_(Guest) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:10 pm

Kathleen:____ I entered at the bottom of the [Defaults] section the following line:____ LIBRARIAN=OFF____ (I also tried:__ Libarian=__ LIBRARIAN=__ etc, etc____ These made no difference. That is, when exiting the Report Designer, the MS error screen still comes up stating (when you look deeper into it) that rrw.exe has a problem, and MS wants me to decide to ^Send^ or ^Don^t Send^. There is nothing about the librarian anymore -- just this simple darn persistent error window from MicroSoft.____ I really don^t wish to re-install my RRV9 package again.____Have you any further hints ??____Thanks,____-Mel Smith__