Watch out for version 12 runtime

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Jeff_Fried_(Guest)

Watch out for version 12 runtime

Post by Jeff_Fried_(Guest) » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:25 pm

I was shocked to discover a problem with version 12^s runtime after spending hours trying to figure out why I got a different result from running a report through the full version, then the runtime version. The full version correctly produced an 18 page report while the runtime version incorrectly produced a 9 page report, leaving out many qualifying records. It didn^t make sense to me why a different result was being produced, and I scoured the control file to see what could be happening. Finally, it occurred to me to try an older version of runtime, versions 11, 10, maybe 10.5. Every one of the older versions of runtime produced the correct result.____I almost released this runtime into a client^s operation. What a mess that would have been. Surprisingly, I searched the R&R site for an update to version 12 with none available. So, a word to the wise: be very careful with the version 12 runtime -- it can fool you into believing it^s working properly.____Jeff

Randallpruts

=> RE: Watch version 12 runtime

Post by Randallpruts » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:07 pm

Hi Jeff,____>> So, a word to the wise: be very careful with the version 12 runtime -- it can fool you into believing it^s working properly. <<____Hehe... the wise don^t put the latest version of anything into production. <g>____Derek____

Jeff_Fried_(Guest)

==> RE: Watch version 12 runtime

Post by Jeff_Fried_(Guest) » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:07 am

Derek,____Sometimes you have to have faith. What a mistake that can be!____Jeff

Randallpruts

===> RE: Watch version 12 runtime

Post by Randallpruts » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:39 pm

Hi Jeff,____>> Sometimes you have to have faith. <<____It^s an empirical question, but yes, we should all instinctively bow to the goodwill of salespeople. <g>____>> What a mistake that can be! <<____Aim a little higher next time. <rofl>____Derek__

kfleming

=> Watch out for version 12 runtime

Post by kfleming » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:07 am

My guess is that you are using the 12.0.001 (that was briefly available) rather than the current 12.0.002 update. Please advise and I will get the .002 out to you.____Kathleen__R&R Support

MosesHek

==> Watch out for version 12 runtime

Post by MosesHek » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:40 am

Kathleen,__We purchased R&R Lite Ver 12.0.001 early this week and we have already experienced this problem.__Please send us the current ver 12.0.002____My email is msw@africaonline.co.zw______Regards____Gift____Micro Software__

Jeff_Fried_(Guest)

==> Please send revision

Post by Jeff_Fried_(Guest) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:17 am

Kathleen,____Please send me the revision. I did not see any revisions on your web site. Wouldn^t this be more convenient? It sure would have saved me a lot of time if I had seen it as the remedy for the problem.____Thanks.____Jeff

Jeff_Fried_(Guest)

==> Where to send

Post by Jeff_Fried_(Guest) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:19 am

The update to RRWRUN.EXE is now available for download.__When I downloaded the problem of omitting some qualifying records __appeared resolved.__Exporting to a text file still produces scrambled report ie columns are not aligned. What I have had to do is export using RRUN.EXE and setting ri_printer to "A" and ri_outfile = the text file name____We certainly need RRWRUN.EXE to export correctly____

Jeff_Fried_(Guest)

==> Where is version #

Post by Jeff_Fried_(Guest) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:25 am

Kathleen,____In case you don^t have and may need my email for the revision, it is jeff@automatedmarketing.com.____Thanks.____Jeff

Jeff_Fried_(Guest)

===> RE: Where is version #

Post by Jeff_Fried_(Guest) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:06 am

Kathleen,____Can you tell me how you find the version number of runtime? When I bring up runtime with or without a report, I can^t see any help/about button or otherwise determine where to find the version number.____Thanks.____Jeff