Where are DB Relationships stored

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
rkhill74

Where are DB Relationships stored

Post by rkhill74 » Mon Jan 06, 2003 11:49 am

I need to create copies of existing reports and modify them for a different plan year. One of the main things I need to check is all of the values of the Database Relationship Index.____I have a lot of reports to copy and edit, and I would like to look at this info for the reports all at once to see what changes I need.____What table is this information stored in? I have looked all over for it and can^t find it.____Any help would be greatly appreciated.____Thanks,__Keith Hill

Thomas_Freitas_(Guest)

=> Where are DB Relationships stored

Post by Thomas_Freitas_(Guest) » Mon Jan 06, 2003 2:56 pm

From the report generator screen select Databases, the Relationships or you can print a report and when the print screen appears for type select Report Specifications.

rkhill74

==> RE: Where are DB Relation stored

Post by rkhill74 » Mon Jan 06, 2003 3:17 pm

Thanks, I know about printing the report. That is not what I am asking, however. I want to know WHERE the information is stored.____The report contains more info than I want to look at for all the reports together, and also seems to leave out some of the info that you get when you go into the relationships.____Does anyone know in what table/file this data is stored?____Thanks,__Keith

kfleming

===> RE: Where are DB Relation stored

Post by kfleming » Tue Jan 07, 2003 8:51 am

This information is stored within the report file.__You could use the runtime DLL to call the functions getFirstRelationInfo and getNextRelationInfo to extract relation information from report files but this would require you to be comfortable in working in a programming language such as VB or C.__ __Kathleen__R&R Support

rkhill74

====> RE: Where are DB Relation stored

Post by rkhill74 » Tue Jan 07, 2003 11:16 am

Thanks for your help. How are the report files named, what is their structure and where are they stored? Is there a reference doc for this info? Using VB to call the fx will work nicely if I know where all the "stuff" is.____Thanks again.

kfleming

=====> RE: Where are DB Relation stored

Post by kfleming » Tue Jan 07, 2003 5:55 pm

R&R Xbase reports have the default file extension of .RRW.____Kathleen__R&R Support

rkhill74

======> RE: Where are DB Relation stored

Post by rkhill74 » Wed Jan 08, 2003 10:46 am

I searched the entire server where the app is installed and could not find any files with the .RRW extension. Of course, I have many reports created. Should I be looking somewhere else?____Do I have to do something special to create these files from the report definition? Is there documentation on the questions I am asking? I have the "Using R&R - Xbase Edition" manual and couldn^t find anything about this.____As always, your assistance is greatly appreciated.____Keith Hill

Lisa_McKee_(Guest)

=> RE: Where are DB Relationships

Post by Lisa_McKee_(Guest) » Wed Jan 08, 2003 5:24 pm

The RRW files (or RSW for the SQL Edition) are usually stored on the local PC (i.e. in My Documents), or in the data area of an application. If you^ve created many reports, then you should have many RRW files laying around. One solution might be to run R&R and look for the default setting for the report files. Or select file / open and observe the drive / path / filename of the last used file. This should give you some indication of where to find your other files.

rkhill74

==> RE: Where are DB Relationships

Post by rkhill74 » Thu Jan 09, 2003 9:11 am

You can open the .dbf file in Access. All you have to do is import the database. Make sure you change the drop down box to *All so you can see all the file extions.____Also try opening Windows explorer you can sort by type and this should help you locate the .rrw files.

rkhill74

===> RE: Where are DB Relationships

Post by rkhill74 » Thu Jan 09, 2003 11:17 am

Lisa____I have already searched for the .RRW files and did not find any in any location. Also, I already use Access to look at .dbf files. Which .dbf file are you talking about? Maybe I haven^t looked at the right one, though I thought I had looked at them all.____Thanks,__Keith